With four fur babies and one real baby, easy dinners for weeknights are an absolute must around our house. A recipe is especially valuable if it makes enough leftovers to eat on for a couple of days! This recipe has been adapted from my mother’s chicken and dumplings recipe that I grew up enjoying as a kid. It’s quick, easy, and only requires three ingredients and a little salt and pepper. Plus, it makes enough for two people to eat on for several days after!
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 cans of biscuits (I prefer Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, add the chicken stock and enough water to fill the pot 1/3 of the way full
- Bring to a boil, and add the chicken
- Allow pot to return to a boil and reduce heat to medium
- Tear off bite-sized pieces of biscuit dough and drop into pot until both cans are added, stirring after every couple of biscuits
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes, or until biscuits are done, stirring frequently and scraping the bottom of the pot
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before serving. Careful, contents will be very hot.